Canoe & Sea Kayak Hire and the Great Glen Canoe Trail
Snowgoose Mountain Centre is well placed for the recently opened Great Glen Canoe Trail. This offers a great opportunity to canoe or kayak along the spectacular Caledonian Canal from near Fort William to Inverness. The Great Glen runs for nearly 70 miles along the very varied stretches of canal as well as the wide open waters of Loch Lochy, Loch Ness and Loch Oich.
We are located in the Highlands of Scotland at the extreme SW end of the Caledonian Canal, 4 miles from Fort William – literally yards from the real start of the Great Glen Canoe Trail – as well as the other Great Glen Ways by foot, bike or sail.
The canal is operated by British Waterways Board and is very popular for canoeists and kayakers, Duke of Edinburgh Award Expeditions, families & club groups.
Please remember that we also offer guided open canoe & sea kayak tours and 2 – 5 day expeditions in other fantastic remote and wild locations on the west coast of Scotland.
We can offer:
- Canoes, Sea & River Kayaks for hire including paddles and buoyancy aids
- A complete hire & outfitting service – barrels, drybags, trolley wheels, etc
- Full camping & expedition equipment hire
- A full shuttle service for boats, gear and people
- Full information on the best campsites and services on the canoe trail
- Ample off road car parking to leave your car and trailer while you are away
- A free drop off to the top of Neptune’s Staircase at Banavie to all our hire customers
- Locally based paddling information and advice before you arrive with us – based on over 30 years of paddling experience on the Caledonian Canal
- Comfortable hostel/bunkhouse accommodation for the first and last night of your trip
- Guided canoe trips for the more inexperienced – we do not hire to complete novices
featured activities ...
sea kayak hire for the Great Glen
explore the Great Glen by sea kayak through the Caledonian…
hire a river or touring kayak
paddle some of the best white water rivers in the…
open canoe hire for the Great Glen Canoe Trail
paddle your own way through wild & wonderful landscapes
make your canoeing & kayaking plans
divide your journey into enjoyable paddling “day”s
shuttle service for canoes, kayaks & gear
paddlers do not often finish in the same place!
canoe & kayak guided expeditions
take part in our guided overnight trips or day tours