booking information & insurance
- Booking Details : | The number / type of boats to be hired from us must be notified and confirmed at the time of booking. We must have a confirmed note of whether you require singles or double kayak, 2 or 3 man open boats. You must also confirm in writing the total number of folks in the group – please make an allowance for a reasonable amount of gear only (See our notes elsewhere).
- The dates / number of days of hire : | are always included in the overall period of hire. Other than the exception (below) all the dates for arrival & pick up days are included as whole days in an overnight period of hire. We do not do “24hr” hire periods.
- Collection Times : | We must have a definite time for you to collect gear at our Centre – our usual time is to meet at 9 a.m. If you do not arrive at this time we cannot guarantee that we will be available to service your hire at your convenience and you may have to wait until we have dealt with other clients’ needs. You may arrange a previous evening pick up from us at about 5 pm but before 7pm. This is not charged as an extra day.
- Pick Up Times / Shuttle : | If a pick up is required at the end of your paddle then we need a contact from you at least 2 hours before your pick up time BUT if we are out on activities then we cannot guarantee leaving Corpach before 4.30 p.m.
- Contacts & Communication : | We require contact details for the protection of you and your group. You are required to take with you a note of our land line number and mobile number. We also need a note of your mobile number – this is for your own safety.
- Security Deposit : | There is a £ 150 security deposit per boat payable by cash or cheque only
- Prior to departure a signed list is left of all the boats & equipment you hire from us along with any relevant security deposits. We do not accept Driving Licences or Credit Cards as security. We do not allow any hires to leave us without a relevant security deposit and all payments made and cleared.
- Licence for the Great Glen Canoe Trail : | If you are paddling the Great Glen Canoe Trail along the Caledonian Canal you are required to obtain a licence from Scottish Canals. This can be booked on line through British Waterways web site www.waterscape.com/boating/shop or the Scottish Canals web site. There is no fee for this.
- Registration : | If you are paddling the Caledonian Canal you are required to “sign in” and register at the BWB canal office at Corpach this is for your own safety – you can do this when you come to collect your boats from us. This will give you access to a key for showers / toilets along the canal @ £ 10 per person.
You and all of your party need to accept that an element of risk exists and you are advised to take out appropriate insurance through the BCU/ SCA for personal accident insurance. Snowgoose Mountain Centre’s insurance would cover you should anything happen as a result of our equipment failing. By joining the SCA ( Scottish Canoe Association) Membership benefits include Civil Liability Insurance.
Snowgoose Mountain Centre
sea kayak hire for the Great Glen
explore the Great Glen by sea kayak through the Caledonian…
hire a river or touring kayak
paddle some of the best white water rivers in the…
open canoe hire for the Great Glen Canoe Trail
paddle your own way through wild & wonderful landscapes
make your canoeing & kayaking plans
divide your journey into enjoyable paddling “day”s
shuttle service for canoes, kayaks & gear
paddlers do not often finish in the same place!
canoe & kayak guided expeditions
take part in our guided overnight trips or day tours