sea kayak hire for the Great Glen, spectacular inland lochs
or sea kayaking around our rugged, rocky coastline.
All kayak hire packages include paddles, buoyancy aids & spray decks We offer 1 free BDH bottle per kayak for cameras etc.; plus 1 free set of trolley wheels per group hire; one spare split paddle per boat. Additional trolley wheels are available for hire. Long John wet suits are also available for hire.
Single sea kayaks :
- RTM – Ysaks 16′ 7″ length; width 22″ (Plastic) x 11. Cock pit 32″ x 18″.
- Skerray(Plastic) x 1
- Badarca (GF) x 5 currently reducing this fleet & replacing with RTMs
Double sea kayaks :
- RTM Speedo 17’5″; 26″ (Plastic) x 2. Cock pit 31″ x 18″.
Double Tourer Kayaks:
- Double Tourer (GF) x 3
We also have a small fleet of river kayaks of low – high volume. These are not appropriate for long distance paddling or overnight camping – such as the Great Glen Canoe Trail :
- Daggers (Plastic); WildThing; RTM Zoom; RTM Nino (Kids); Pyranha Master; Corsica S; Pyranha 279.
- Dagger Red Line x 1
- Boss x 1
Loading kayaks – How much gear can we carry in a kayak ?
We are frequently asked how much gear folks can carry in kayaks on overnight trips These weights include the weight of all “bodies!
Purely as a guideline:-
- Single kayaks 16’7″ have a maximum load carrying capacity of 120 kg / 265 lbs. In a single kayaks if the paddlers has a weight of 136 lbs (approx. 9st 10lbs) this will leave a load carrying capacity of approx. 129 lbs for 1 person. These are excellent for tracking & speed; great for comfort, maneoverability, stability & rolling.
- Single kayaks have high volume storage compartments & large hatch covers to allow easy access for storage with 3 rubber hatch covers.
- Double sea kayaks 17’5″ have a maximum load capacity of 270 kg / 600 lbs. In a 2 man kayak if there are 2 paddlers of approx. the same weight (approx. 9st 10lbs per person) this will leave approx 322 lbs gear carrying capacity between 2 paddlers. These are excellent for stability & rolling, speed, comfort; great for maneoverability, stability & rolling.
- These double sea kayaks have internal high volume storage compartments with great external load capacities, plus 2 large rubber oval hatch covers to allow easy access for storage
Prices: as a guideline :
Below is an overview of prices. For more information on our hire service and prices please down load this link : |
|Sea Kayaks (Single)||From: £ 68 for 2 days – £ 156 for 6 days|
|Sea Kayaks (Doubles)||From: £ 78.75 for 2 days -£ 182.25 for 6 days|
|River Kayak||From: £ 61.25 for 2 days – £ 141.75 for 6 days|
|Double Tourer (GF)||From: £ 72 for 2 days – £ 141.75 for 6 days|
Canoe & Kayak Expedition Sundries
These can include: Dry Bags – small – medium, canoe trolley wheels, roof racs, sailing rig, tie on straps, rafting poles. These are charged for independently. Trolley wheels are strongly recommended for the Great Glen and some other NW Highlands journeys. The hire of full expedition camping gear is another option we can offer to complete the full package.
There is £ 150 refundable security deposit payable on each canoe or kayak before you leave us. This is payable by cash or cheque only and is refunded when the boats are returned to us in an undamaged and clean condition
sea kayak hire for the Great Glen
explore the Great Glen by sea kayak through the Caledonian…
hire a river or touring kayak
paddle some of the best white water rivers in the…
open canoe hire for the Great Glen Canoe Trail
paddle your own way through wild & wonderful landscapes
make your canoeing & kayaking plans
divide your journey into enjoyable paddling “day”s
shuttle service for canoes, kayaks & gear
paddlers do not often finish in the same place!
canoe & kayak guided expeditions
take part in our guided overnight trips or day tours